Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2012

Improvement

I'm planning an entire post-Disney race trip report about my experience with training, what I learned, etc.  But I do want to brag about share one quick little victory that happened over this weekend.

First of all, I am DONE my training.  Well, I have a couple short runs left this week.  But the time has finally come!! Saturday I'm walk/jogging (jalking?) 3.1 miles with my Mom, Joey, and our friend Peyton.  Sunday my sister Laura and I are running in Disney's Princess Half Marathon. 

On New Year's Eve, you will remember that I ran a 10k.  I finished under my goal time of 1:15 at 1:13:38.  I was happy with this time, as it marked both halfway through my training and halfway through the distance of 13.1 miles.  Saturday I ran a 10k as my last "long" training run before the race.  My goal was 1:10.  I finished in 1:06:33!!!

No matter what happens this weekend, what time I get, what my ending pace is, etc. I will be proud of myself for completing my self-made "Couch to Half Marathon" Program...

If you are interested in stalking me this weekend, you can sign up for runner tracking here

In closing, I thoroughly enjoyed me pedicure today and am now ready to head to Disney World for a quick 16.2 miles (dressed as a Pirate Princess) and a great family vacation.  ;)


~SG

3 comments:

  1. BRING IT! You may be jalking, but I will be walking. Probably fast, but walking. The knees will not put up with much running :-) See ya soon!!

    ReplyDelete