Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Princess in Training Update!

Well, as of New Year's Eve I'm halfway there. Well almost halfway.  A half marathon is 13.1 miles.  Half of that is 6.55.  And I ran 6.2 on NYE.  (*Technically my GPS watch said it was 6.33 so I'm pretty much halfway.) 

I wasn't able to run the entire thing :(  Training has been SO FRUSTRATING thus far because I'm SO SLOW, but I did have one of those rare moments where I could tell I've been training.  I ran the first 3.20 before I walked.  I was mad at myself, frustrated, and felt defeated.  Running is very much a mind game.  You have to be mentally strong and I, thus far, am not.  I know walking is okay and allowed and not a big deal.  The cool thing was that when I started running again, instead of feeling like death... I felt refreshed. I was able to run for another mile and a half or so before I stopped because I actually ran by a friend's house and she was outside with her daughter!  What a coincidence!  I stopped for water and walked up a hill (or two)  and then finished the race in 1:13:38.  My goal for this race was 1:15... so I met my goal! YAY.  Sadly this is far from a PR for me... but I am going to try to focus on the positive!

At that pace, I will finish the half marathon in roughly 2:35.  My goal is approximately 2:30, although if possible I would like to beat my PR of 2:28... but my pace has been much slower this go around than it's been in the past.

Sigh. 

I guess it's not really my pace that matters. It's that I'm doing it. And since November I've only missed one run, because it was the day we got Chloe and she was more important!

Here's a picture of me finishing the race on Saturday.  I always finish with a smile :) As a dancer, you learn to perform through the pain!  I was rocking my "Princess in Training: Earning my crown on 2/26/12" tee shirt. I made one for me and my sister for Christmas!


Halfway to the half! With 51 days to go... right on track!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment