Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Weekend Round Up

'Cause late is better than never!

Friday night I found myself at George Mason because I had shown up for dance team practice!  Just like the old days, I pulled up to the Field House and walked in to one of the center courts to practice for the big game with my Masonettes.  We were preparing for the first ever alumni reunion performance the following day at the homecoming game!  Everyone had learned the routine already (thanks to YouTube), and we got right to work.  It was fun to see everyone and catch up, but it was also intimidating and I think we all stood up a little straighter when Coach started counting!

Saturday morning I woke up and suited up for my 10 mile run.  My legs were sore from dancing the night before (I'm old) and I hadn't hydrated NEARLY enough.  But I ate my peanut butter/waffle and headed out.  I knew immediately that it was going to be a bad run. My legs were just plain TIRED.  Like I said in my previous post, it turned into a 2.5 mile out-and-back loop (5 miles total) instead of 10.  I was upset but it was time to focus on more important things... like the homecoming game!

I showered, did my hair and make up, and put on my black spandex pants and alumni tee shirt.  There was no way I was going to the tailgate looking like this!! Joey and I headed to campus and while he was tailgating with friends, I attended floor practice, saved the girls from a runaway basketball, and got ready for the game in the cramped little bathroom where I haven't been for YEARS.

The game was a blast!  We watched the first half and then it was time for the performance! It was great to be on the court again!  Can you find me??



After the performance it was off to the bars!  It was great to see so many old friends.  Homecoming is always a good time :-)

Sunday morning was nice and lazy.  I cleaned up the house a bit, we took the pins down the street to run off some energy in grandma/grandpa Gish's backyard, and started making treats for the Superbowl game!  We ate a ton of goodies, had a great time watching the game, halftime show, and commercials, and were definitely ready for sleep after such a long weekend.

Well, there you have it!  Now that we are halfway to another weekend, here is the plan for THIS upcoming weekend:

Friday: Going to see a band at a local place with some new friends. Really excited about this!

Saturday: Judging a dance team competition all day

Sunday: Going for 10 miles again. PRAY that I can do it! Then... drumroll.... I think we are finally going to start working on the house again! The basement is still next in the queue. Cross your fingers that both of these things actually happen on Sunday...

And that's all she wrote!

~SG

1 comment:

  1. Love the Masonettes alumni dance at homecoming! So cute!

    ReplyDelete