Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Big Door Reveal

What a productive weekend!! We accomplished 17 miles of running, painted our front door, started to tame the jungle, and I even baked a few things!

But, let's get down to business.  Thank you to those who lended a hand in helping us choose our door color.


What color did we end up with??

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Red!
Well, 'Cranberry'
So let's rewind a little bit and take a look at how we got here.

First, we had to take the door off the hinges. But since we don't have a screen door or anything, I had to tape trash bags across the front door.  My BIL said he thought it was a terrible Halloween decoration... haha. Thanks for your faith in my classiness, Jason. 

Baby gate to keep dogs IN.
(But don't think they weren't locked in the bathroom behind 2 doors... hahaha)
Then, after taking off all the hard ware, I had to clean, sand, and clean it again before I could start painting.

My workshop
Thennnnn it was finally time to start painting!  I had to use special paint because of the type of door (don't remember what kind).  It was really thick!! Joey was less than impressed with my painting skillz but hey, I told him if he didn't like it he could do it himself.  So I continued painting ;)

After the 1st coat
After waiting a loooong time for it to dry, Joey put it back on the hinges and put the hardware back on.  It's not perfect, but it sure looks nice!!



Mr. Handyman, himself.  He's thrilled.
I think the door ties everything together perfectly.  I also did some extra cleaning up there.  I swept off all the dead bugs, cleaned off the rocking chairs/bench, and used the broom to knock down quite a few 8-leggers... Ewwww.  Our front porch is now spider-free (for the most part), and all we have left to do is carve those punkins!!!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment