Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How did we fare?

Dude, we made out like bandits.

After I hit "publish" on the last post, the DirecTV came back on and never went out for the rest of the night.  Neither did the power.  It flickered a couple times, at one point it flickered pretty bad and I ran over and got the headlamps and Joey wore his proudly.  But the power never failed.

I was finishing up the dishes in the kitchen, aka trying to use the water while we still had it, when I heard a pretty loud noise outside.  Fearing for the truck, which was already pretty much parked in the front yard to get away from the forest, I asked Joey to go check outside.  It was the trashcans.  Our 3 trashcans that were nestled against the house had been blown over.  Between those, and one of my pots of mums on the front porch, those were our only casualties.  Oh, and a tree snapped in half in the backyard so that should be fun to dispose of.

Grandmother Willow? (Cause I know you were worried.) She's a CHAMP!

I don't really have any pictures to share unless you want to see a bunch of selfies of me and whatever Min Pin was sitting on my lap at the time...

We were SO bored. Although I was lucky enough to be able to get some work done.

I'm still waiting to hear back about my beloved Stone Harbor.  Initial reports on Facebook don't look good.

via

via
These are both places we frequent.  The Diller/Fisher office is right on the corner of the main drag in town.  Fred's Tavern is reporting that "things are not looking good".  They just remodeled about a year ago, too.

Crossing our fingers for good news on the house!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment