Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Theme Re-Visited

I just wanted to clarify a few things.  When I said our house theme is "Antebellum South" I meant that we will be using the décor from that time period as inspiration for the décor of our home.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

I also wanted to clarify just WHAT that means.  Antebellum South can be translated to "French Country".

Like I said, our home as three porches. A front porch, a sunroom, and a back porch surrounded by ivy and big trees.  Plus the weeping willow will look amazing with a little bench under it, no?  Also we decided to paint the walls white (well, not white white, but "Navajo White").  Our carpet will be an off-white as well (Marble).  So we have a lovely blank canvas.  We also have gorgeous wood floors in our foyer, library, and formal dining room.

Here are some photos I'm using as inspiration for what promises to be a long (but fun!) decorating process.


For our Library

Beautiful Living Room

Front Porch Inspiration

I realize this is a lot of white- and that my love for red wine will not mesh well with that fact.  So I promise to include color as well!


~SG



No comments:

Post a Comment