Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another one of those Apology Posts

Sorry for taking forever to write up our Disney report, as I know you are anxiously awaiting it.  ...

I forget if I told the blogger world, but I left my camera in Disney World. Yep, how could I be so irresponsible, right?! But Disney World is a magical place and every time (yes, there have been multiple times) I call the lost and found they have my item and they mail it back to me with a touch of pixie dust.

And so last night I opened a little brown UPS box and there was my camera with all of our vacation pictures!!! So now I am starting to do a little write-up about the trip and will add in some pics ASAP.

I'm sure it would also be nice if I included a house update as well.  Having not had a camera for the past week, that can't really be done in pictures either.  But I can TELL you some of the things we have been working on:

-The contractors are done with EVERYTHING

-The entire upstairs is painted and carpeted, and both bathrooms are clean!

-Our new master bedroom set was delivered on Saturday!

-The powder room is clean, sort of decorated with a mediocre bath set for the time being, and all it really needs at the moment is a lightbulb that didn't explode/shatter all over the place

-The kitchen tile is mostly done, just need a few more around the edges and to grout the entire thing... cue Joey, tonight and tomorrow.

-The kitchen cabinets all have brand new knobs on them. It's crazy how much better something that small can make it look!

-Thursday we will put everything back in the kitchen (island, fridge, oven, dishwasher, etc.)

-Friday we finish carpeting the family room

And then, we will be done with what I call "The Shell".  The Shell is basically everything we needed to do to make the house livable.  Granted I am completely ignoring our dungeon of a basement but we're just going to pretend we don't have a basement for now, mmmk??

Also Joey and I have both been pretty sick this past week. I'm guessing he picked it up on the plane and gave it to me (how generous).  So I'm writing in a Dayquil daze.

I promise to come back with a great house update and some Disney pictures as SOON as I possibly can!!

~SG

OH! and I cleaned the ant colony out of the mailbox.  I deserve a medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment