Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Finally, some updates!

Like I keep saying, it's impossible to list every single thing we have done at the house up to this point. The list would be endless and there is no way to keep track of it all! 

We did, however, hit a major milestone this weekend.  One month to the day from our settlement, we finally spent the night in the house!  Nothing went bump in the night, Doc is a little confused but otherwise did well, and we were there when the Direct TV guy showed up right at 8am.

Overall a success.  I made sure to snap a lot of pictures this weekend.  On Saturday, the final piece of carpet was installed in the family room.  On Saturday afternoon we started moving furniture. (Can I just say that I HATE MOVING.)  So, here are a few pictures of our progress!

New carpet! Plus one Doc


Kitchen with tile, new chandelier, recessed lights, and knobs on all cabinets

Doc modeling the new tile

View into the family room with some getto furniture and the tv sort of installed

Our new bedroom set! Woohoo!

This was my project today. BEFORE....

AFTER

My boys
Well, I hope that satisfies your curiousity as to what the H we have been up to here at the ranch.  Plans for this week include:

-installing new mirrors and towel racks in the master bathroom

-starting to move our clothes, etc.

-CLEAN the kitchen within an inch of its life

-Joey is going to install his home theater shenanigans

-refinish the wood floor in the dining room

-clean and refinish the wood in the library and the foyer

-maybe start hanging some pictures?

I think the most frustrating thing about this whole process is that I am so excited to have an AWESOME house, but we have nothing to put in it, and there are SO many projects to do.  Like for example the horrendous gold on the fireplace.  But stuff like that has to wait.  I just want it finished NOW....

I'll be back later this week with an update on the DirectTV/Verizon debate!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

~SG


1 comment: