Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thursday: Demolition and Good Friends

**This blog was written on Friday, but with Banny's passing I didn't feel quite like posting about the house. **

Yesterday (Thursday) was our first FULL day of being homeowners! Joey and Peyton worked on the house ALL DAY, as well as the contractor who is fixing the outside of the house.  I showed up after work and A Love met us there with her dog, Jax.  Here is a list of what we've accomplished so far (to the best of my knowledge) and who did it:

-remove faux wood floor (Joey/Peyton)
-remove kitchen linoleum (Joey/Peyton)
-remove basement carpet (Joey/Peyton)
-remove drywall ceiling in living room (Joey/Peyton)
-remove drywall in basement area (Joey/Peyton)
-turn on gas, water, fireplace, etc. and not blow anything up (Joey/Peyton)
-install 2 new toilets/plumbing (Joey)
-remove God-awful bathroom lights/mirrors/medicine cabinets in both upstairs bathrooms (Joey/Peyton)
-remove wallpaper in master bathroom (Sarah/A Love)
-clean up debris (All)
-hammer in all staples that were sticking out from pulling the linoleum up (Joey/Peyton)
-Powerwash entire house (Joey)

As you can see, I've been really hard at work....  but seriously it's more because I've been at work and also I can't really start cleaning until the sanding, tile-cutting, and painting is all done.  So I'm just waiting, biding my time...

I did start cleaning out some cabinets, and I made it through 2 of them before I sliced my finger open. I mean SERIOUSLY?! I expected casualties but I was thinking more Joey falling off the roof while powerwashing...

The project for this weekend?  Build a fence for Doc!

Cast of Characters:
Joey: DH, the boss
Peyton: Right hand man, thinks he can speak Spanish to the contractors
Joe: Father-in-law, would rather drink a beer but will help anyway
Jon: Uncle-in-law, frequently injures himself with chainsaws, motorbikes, etc.

Possible additions:
Diane: Mother-in-law, most likely working
Doc: DD (Dear Dog), too small to be running around a construction zone
Jason: Brother-in-law, might be busy with the GF
A Love: BFF, not sure what she is doing this weekend yet!

This makes for an interesting adventure.

Here are some more pictures of the demolition and work we've done. It's coming along, people!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment