Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grandmother Willow and House Theme Reveal

First of all I would like to announce that we, our house, and Grandmother Willow made it through the storm unscathed.

Who is Grandmother Willow?  Why, I'm so glad you asked! Not only is she a character from Disney's Pocahontas, she's a character in our yard. 



We were a little worried about her, being so old and wise. But she made it through and only lost a couple branches.

Grandmother Willow is not only a Disney character and our family tree (HAHA), she is the inspiration for our entire house "theme".  So without further ado, let me announce that our theme for our house, the decorating both inside and outside, and the "feel" we'd like it to have is:

Antebellum South

Think Gone With the Wind.  We have a beautiful yard, gorgeous weeping willow, not one, not two, but THREE porches- including one perfect for rocking chairs and the other for wicker furniture, and I prefer to decorate with earth tones that will look lovely with the accents I pick out from Country Living Magazine... which, by the way, does anybody want to buy me a subscription?!

We had a very busy weekend and I will be sure to include an update on things we have accomplished later this week.

I hope everyone made it through the hurricane safely!

~SG



No comments:

Post a Comment