Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

It's Official!

At 4:03pm on Wednesday we became homeowners! Or at least that's when I sent the first "WE'RE HOMEOWNERS!!!" text (to my Mom).  We were supposed to go at 12:30, but the documents weren't ready (or correct) so it was a little stressful waiting for the final numbers.  We finally headed over to meet the closer at 2:30pm.  We signed our names 500 times, and initialed even more times.  Why? Because somebody decided that my name is spelled S-A-R-A and wrote it as such on all of the documents. Awesome.  Because that's not my #1 pet peeve...

After signing our lives away we headed to the house to get to work! Like all major occasions in our lives, our good friend Peyton was right there with us.  He met us at the house to start working on pulling up the kitchen floor and the faux wood floor in the living room.  The guys also cut out some of the drywall in the ceiling that needed to be replaced and started pulling up the nasty basement carpet (surprise! It's tiled under there!).

I'm going to do my best to not turn this into a home improvement blog, because while I do enjoy reading them, I think they are super boring.  I do plan on sharing our little projects and the trials and tribulations that we endure along the way.

So without further ado, here are a few photos from Wednesday, and a few more of the inside of the house for your viewing pleasure!

(Coming soon: "Thursday. Demolition and Good Friends")

Across the threshold!

My little helpers

Ceeeelebrate good times COME ON!

Dining room (that chandelier has GOT to go.)

The "Library" (omg so snotty)

Kitchen.  The banister and floor are long gone.  The island, dishwasher and stove have all been moved. There will be granite countertops. Someday.

The cow. It came with the house. I'm too superstitious to throw it away, so it will reside in the side yard where it can graze...

No comments:

Post a Comment