Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HOTD and Guano

I might want to consider changing HOTD  to AHOTD or Animal-Headline of the Day, since most of my funny HOTD posts are about animals in some way, shape or form.

Here's a good one.  Bats on a Plane.  Almost as good as Snakes.  Watch the video. I laughed out loud at my desk.  Some of you might think this is scary, but I think it's hilarious.

Feeling Batty?

This also provides the opportunity to segue into a story I meant to write about a while ago. Since my friend Amanda (A Love) refuses to make her own blog, I told her I had to write about this story because you just can't make this sh*t up!  (Literally.)

Remember Ace Ventura?

Well Amanda is lucky enough to have a heaping pile of this stuff in the attic above her bedroom.  Here is the account from A Love herself:

"As far as the bats.......yeah they have to come in and basically rip everything out of the attic including insulation and whatnot.  Apparently it's like a $5k expense but the landlord's homeowner's insurance is taking care of a lot of it. They have to clean the whole thing out....and.....the only way to get to the attic without ripping the roof off (which was JUST completely redone a couple weeks ago) is through MY closet. So my room is a wreck right now because my closet is empty so they can get to all of them.

My roommates looked up dangers of guano and apparently it's insanely toxic and bats are full of diseases and mites and rabies and whatever else. "Luckily" for me, according to the exterminator, the heaping pile of $hit is located in such a place that it's extremely unlikely that the ceiling will cave in."

Great!!  Here is a photo of the....mound.

That's a huge pile of sh*t!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment