Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Oh, what's in a name?

Finally, right?? I've kind of been avoiding this one for as long as possible.

Also I wanted to note that my test results came back negative for gestational diabetes. So YAY!

Some of you may know that Joey is a "Jr".  So the plan was obviously to name a baby boy after him- JKG3.  Like I said- everything was planned if it were a boy.  Name, pirate room, check and check.

So, since the boy name was chosen from day 1, I've been looking at only girl names since day 1.  Soooooo that means that we have pretty much had a name since week 16.  By the end of our Disney trip we'd narrowed it down to 3 favorites and after further discussion, chose the name we both liked the most of the three. 

[Side note- picking a name in this day and age is stressful.  With social media making everyone's lives available and out there for all to see, it's pretty difficult to pick a name that at least one other person has not already chosen for their child.]

But it was too early to have a name, wasn't it?? I decided that we'd let the name sink in for a while. Let it marinate.  See if we changed our minds or came across something else we liked (not that we didn't scour every Baby Name app there is in the universe).  I mean, it's weird to have a name when you can't feel the baby kicking yet.  Technology is weird.

Fast forward about 10 weeks and it does appear that the name will stick, so we've told some family BUT we're not planning to make any sort of big announcement until she is born.  Just in case.  I KNOW. I'm a terrible person.  But what if I change my mind?!?!

Since I know that is not going to appease you, I'll provide you some of the names that each of us liked, although I'm not giving you our top 3 because what if someday we have another daughter?

Some of Sarah's Likes:
Allyson
Emma
Emily
Evelyn
Hailey
Natalie (This one was okay until I joked that her nickname could be Natty...)

Some of Joey's Likes:
Alyssa
Brooke
Lillian (thanks to Lillian Gish, this was not an option)
Olivia

With having a name and a nearly finished nursery, I'm starting to get stressed out that we're too far ahead of ourselves.  (Really. I can find anything to worry about. It's a talent.) 

So I think now would be a good opportunity to focus on some of the "nesting" projects (is this also a myth? like the cravings?) that I've been thinking of doing.  I need to clean out all the cabinets on our main floor, clean out my closet in our bedroom, donate a bunch of old clothes, etc.  Hopefully that will keep me occupied for a while...

~SG

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're almost done the nursery! lol. Our furniture hasn't even arrived yet. Looking forward to seeing the pictures though! We also have a first name (still questioning the middle), but probably won't announce it until birth in case things change.

    ReplyDelete