Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Baby Boy Nursery Ideas

First off- I'm not too sure about the word "nursery".  I am getting more used to it because I see it EVERYWHERE, but I think I like "baby's room" better. 

I thought it would be fun to talk about what we would have done for the baby's room if it had been a boy.  A boy would have been a lot easier because I knew what theme I'd do for a boy from the very beginning.  I didn't even have to think about it.  For a girl, I was clueless.

I know this will come as a shock to many, but I was planning a Pirate/Nautical theme for a baby boy room.

Unfortunately, I didn't get too far into the planning process (read: didn't start), so I don't really have any solid plans to share.  But I did want to share things that I like and who knows, maybe someday I'll get my pirate nursery!  (This is not to say that baby girl is not going to be a pirate- she absolutely will be.) Yarrrrgh!

It would have been really cool to create a pirate ship on the ceiling of the room like the below... but obviously that's for bigger kids and a much bigger house....


Realistically, it would have been rather traditional (as that's the style we always come back to), and have looked something like this:

 
Maybe a little more piratey, though, perhaps like this?

 
Or maybe I would have had A Love paint us a mural, like this one?


And I do like this set from Sweet Jojo designs:
 
 
Orrrr we could just totally plagiarize Disney's Caribbean Beach's pirate rooms:

I WILL stay here someday.
 
Doing a pirate nursery would have been so much fun, but I love the idea we've come up with for our princess.
 
Stay tuned for more on that!
 
~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment