Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

24 Weeks

Hope everyone's Easter was very hoppy!  We had a great weekend- Joey crossed a zillion things off the honey-do list (he's really awesome).  The Easter Bunny brought me a new mailbox! (at 730am... with a chainsaw...) The Min Pins opened their Easter Baskets and we enjoyed some sunshine and good eats.

I have my monthly prenatal massage this week and our 24 week appointment on Friday.  I get to do the Glucose screening again, so fingers crossed that I pass (again).  My Mom is also coming into town for work and she'll be staying with us! 

Busy week ahead, so quick(er than normal) update below:


Date: April 21, 2014

How far along? 24w1d (Baby is as long as an ear of corn) According to baby center, my uterus is the size of a soccer ball and baby has gained 4 oz since last week.  I can tell when she's growing because I'm more hungry/more tired and I can usually feel my ligaments stretching.  This week there was a ton of that!

 How is Mama doing? Doing great! Got my hair cut over the weekend and I feel like a new person. I didn't think to take any pictures of it of course. 

Movement:  Every morning around 5-6am, after I eat meals, and in the early-mid afternoon, and then a TON of movement after I take my prenatal vitamin around 830pm.  I like that there is a bit of a schedule, but I also know that things can happen to cause her to get off schedule, so I'm trying not to freak out too much.  Doesn't mean I didn't whip out the doppler this week when I didn't feel her move after dinner. Now that she's much bigger, her heartbeat is really loud! Don't need to have the volume way up like I used to.  I will need to start counting kicks in another 4 weeks or so (did you know that's a thing?) but for now I'm just paying attention and making sure I feel her moving regularly.

Also felt some weird sensation in my lungs earlier this week... either she was kicking them or pushing some random organ into them. I didn't like it.  She's sitting pretty low in my pelvis so I haven't had too much of that, but I know it's only going to get worse.

Maternity Clothes?  Perusing some sites looking for shower dresses.  Also my sister works at Lilly Pulitzer and she swears up and down her boss wore Lilly throughout her pregnancy. I might need to take advantage of her enormous discount. OH and they make Mommy and Me outfits for little girls.....!!!!!

Pregnancy Fitness:  We had some COLD weather this week.  Even though I'm perfectly capable of working out indoors, I feel that the outside temperature has a direct effect on whether or not I exercise.

Yep. I actually spent time making this.
So, since we had 3 freeze warnings this week at the expense of some of my daffodils (but YAY my tulips lived!), I worked out once with Denise Austin.  Hoping for a reprieve this week with some nicer weather.

Symptoms: Lots of ligament pain/stretching. Nothing too bad. The only symptoms I have really had through the whole 24 weeks so far have been exhaustion and anxiety. And really, the anxiety isn't anything new. So... I've just been tired a lot. Doesn't garner me a lot of sympathy from Joey when I try to pull the preggo card. But I have been extremely blessed and hope I continue to be.

Belly Button:  Still there. Still innie.

Stretchmarks?  I'm sure they are around the corner.

Nutrition/Cravings? The latter part of last week I was so bad about what I ate. I wasn't very healthy. I have re-stocked the fridge and we're off to a good start for this week.  No cravings to report.

Sleep: Noticing some hip pain even with the extra pillow. I was pretty much expecting that though.

Looking Forward To:  Hanging out with my Mom this week :)

What I miss: Nothing really at the moment.

Doc/Chloe:  Are excited to have Grandma here and are really enjoying the glider in the baby's room since the blinds/curtains aren't up yet and it provides the perfect perch to see outside.

24 Week Pic:  Sorry, this week's pic is not very cute. I'll try harder next week.


From the front... where's the bump?
I never really knew what "child bearing hips" meant until now. It appears that I have them.  Baby girl seems to enjoy her roomy pelvic palace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment