Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Nursery Progress

This is a little late/outdated but it's what you are gonna get!  A couple weeks ago, A Love and I painted the baby's room.  Joey got us started with the taping and we knocked the whole thing out in less than two hours.  We kept the window open and fan on, and the fumes were barely noticeable/didn't get to me at all until the very end.  As the paint dried, it sort of took on different hues.  OH one thing I should mention is that I ended up going with a different color than my original choice- this one had more purply undertones than pink ones. In case you care.
 
Anyhoo, when wet, the paint looked bluish.  When initially dry, it looked darker and more purple.  After setting for a few hours, it looked perfect.
 


Purple!

With the painting :)
The following weekend, it was time to start putting together the furniture that had been collecting in various boxes in random locations throughout my house.  Joey did a great job assembling the crib, glider, side table, and the 100+ piece changer/dresser.  Which I don't have a picture of. Sorry.
 
 

YAY

Chloe helped me test out the glider.

Glider, wall, and painting
Now that all the big stuff is done, it's time to do the window blinds/curtains, frame that beautiful painting, and get some more decor on the walls. 
 
We like to go in the room from time to time and just sit there talking about what's next.  The dogs LOVE the glider because they can see right outside and Chloe just loves to sit in my arms and look out the window. It's going to be hard for them when the baby gets here :(
 
Hope you enjoyed this mini update!
 
~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment