Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

Finally a Princess!

Well, my months of training paid off and I earned my crown on 2/26/12.

Yes. This really happened.
I finished the race in 2 hours, 31 minutes, and 55 seconds.  Overall, I felt it was a good race.  Notice I didn’t say “great”.  I felt good, but my knee started hurting on mile 4.  Throughout training my knee never bothered me!! Apparently this happened to a lot of people. I discovered the Tylenol being handed out like candy at the medical stations around mile 9. I took full advantage.  Also, I wore specific socks (with pirates on them).  They were running socks, but they were too thin.  I think this was a contributing factor to my knee pain.  Also… it was CROWDED.  I mean shoulder-to-shoulder crowded.  Like even if I wanted to weave about in the first 3 miles, I simply couldn’t. 

Even though I’m making all these excuses, I feel like I don’t need to.  I got my 2nd best time EVER.  First half marathon I ever did, I came in at just under 3 hours.  The last time I ran this course, I got 2:45.  So coming in right around 2:30 was both what I expected and what I did!! I did not beat 2:28, which is my PR, but I don’t mind. I am proud of how I did and what I did to achieve this.  3 months ago, I could barely even run 1 mile without walking…

If you are bored and interested in tracking my progress, I kept a running log from day 1 of training up until the week of the race over at Athlinks.com. 


So, what’s next??
That is a great question.  I don’t know.  Every time I run a half marathon, I tell myself it will be my last.  Maybe that is true.  Maybe it’s not.  And dare I even utter the "m" word??? ...It's crossed my mind. If I'm going to ever do it, now would be a good time. 

I'll let you all mull that one over and let me know what you think ;)


~SG
 


No comments:

Post a Comment