Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Roundup

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and met up with a girlfriend at the National Marathon.  We donned our volunteer tee shirts and helped pick up trash and discarded clothing at the start line before heading to the finish line to unwrap and hand out medals to the half marathon and full marathon finishers.  It was actually a lot of fun! I also got to see a few friends who finished the race, so it was doubly rewarding.  Here is a picture I snapped of the half marathon winner as he crossed the finish line.  Can’t read the time? It says 1:06:30-something.  INSANE.




After making my way out of DC and back home to pick up Joey and some Chik-Fil-A, we turned around and went back into the city.  The reasoning was that we did not want to have both of our cars in DC.  We met up with good friends Jess and Ryan, and re-visited our college days a little bit by playing “Slap the Bag”… then we bar crawled randomly around Northwest DC until we landed at a little Italian restaurant called 'Luigi’s'.  It was a delicious way to end our “Adult St. Patty’s Day” and we arrived home to the Pins by 10pm. 


My camera didn’t make it out with us, so the only pics I got were on my phone. 


Proof that we have matured.  Wearing garbage bags so we don't spill wine on our shirts...
Just a touch of class...

From the backseat of a cab to a computer screen near you!


Sunday we spent a great deal of time on the house.  I am excited to report that ONE of the cornices is complete!!! I have no pictures to share as of yet, but here are some other updates we’ve made:


-Joey painted the workout room in the basement!!
-He also installed new light fixtures on the porch and garage
-Added new curtain rod/curtains to the kitchen
-Added some doodads to the family room
-1 cornice is finished
-We purchased the red chair!!!!!!


My goal is to finish the other cornice before this weekend, so hopefully I’ll have a finished product pic to share ASAP!!


Hope you all had a good one, and are making it a great Monday!


~SG



No comments:

Post a Comment