Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Day in the Life

The other day I was thinking about writing about our daily routine.  Except one thing- I don’t really do “routines”.  See, I like to blame this (and a lot of other things, as you know) on my time spent in a ballet studio growing up.  Doing the same thing over and over again gets old real quick, especially when you’re 13 and you know everything.  So I think this has carried on into my adult life.  While I do mostly the same things every day, I notice myself trying to change things up a little so as not to fall into a boring routine. 

**Note: I am fully aware that the birth of a child will completely ruin this.

 Mornings for us, however, are usually the same.  So I feel I can give you an accurate picture of what goes on in our house at the beginning of each day.  So I’ll start out with a typical morning in the Gish household-


6:45: My alarm goes off (for the first time).  I hit snooze and everyone pretends to still be asleep.  Either that or I miss my alarm going off. 

6:55: Alarm goes off again. I hit snooze and Doc and/or Chloe stands up and rustles around under the covers before plopping back down in someone’s crotch/armpit.


7:00: My alarm goes off again, and Joey’s goes off at the same time.  Both hit snooze.  Dogs roll their eyes.  Joey taps me and motions for the remote control to the TV.  He can’t talk, because the moment he says something, Doc will emerge from under the covers and pounce on his face.  Nobody understands why he does this.


7:01: Chloe is still passed out, sprawled on her back, in the middle of my spot.  Her tongue may or may not be hanging out of her mouth like she is dead. This has caught me off guard and caused major panic in the past.  Don't worry, she's alive.


7:05: I guess I better get up…  I get dressed and ready, and take the dogs downstairs to go outside.  [If it is raining, nobody wants to go outside.  If I can catch them and throw them out there, they stand by the door looking sad.]

7:15: I leave for work.  Yes, I can get dressed and out the door in 10 minutes. I've perfected this science.

8:00: Joey sets up the Pins in their palace with breakfast, water, puppy pad, some toys and a nice comfy blanket.  And making sure the doors are closed in the bathroom so nobody eats any underwear/rugs/cleaning materials… then heads off to work himself.  He'll be back around lunchtime.  The Pins actually have it pretty good. I'm kind of jealous.

....And there you have it! It's not much, but it's a typical morning in our house.  What are your mornings like?

**Note: Actual times may vary

I can’t wait til 10 years down the road I re-read this post and laugh at myself.  “6:45?!?! You lucky b*tch!!!”
But for now, I will say that I do enjoy my mornings hitting snooze with my Pins.  


Happy Pi Day!!!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment