Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WNY? FML.

Today was the first reporting day for my job at the Washington Navy Yard.  “Wait, I thought Joey got a new job, did you get a new job too?” No.  No I did not.  I am lucky enough to work on site with the Government and our entire Command moved to the Navy Yard.  In Southeast. In winter.

Let me go ahead and tell you about my morning.  I woke up, a tad late, due to my Min Pin randomly waking up in the middle of the night and eating a huge meal and then deciding he needed to go outside around 4am.  Luckily, this gave me a chance to check out the Lunar Eclipse!  Anyway, I rushed to the metro station and got there right on time to catch the train.

When I arrived, I had 15 minutes to walk the 7-8 blocks to the Navy Yard. Yep… in Southeast. In winter.  I started walking down 8th street and after 5-6 blocks I saw the gate to my right.  So I walked over, showed my credentials to a very cute guy in camo, and walked right in.  The place was deserted.  This should’ve been my first clue.  I wandered around a soccer field, outdoor gymnasium, and a few more buildings til I finally found a parking garage where I asked the next cute guy in camo, “Where is Building ###?”.  “I think you are looking for the Navy Yard, ma’am.”  “Ummmm is this not the Navy Yard?” “No, this is the Marine Barracks…”

&#%@*!

So off I went in search of the Navy Yard, which I found right away due to cute Marine boy’s accurate directions, and headed in.  For the next 20 minutes I got a nice little tour of the ENTIRE Navy Yard- from the Officer housing to the Cafeteria, to the Museum, to -FINALLY- is that my building!?! THANK THE LORD!!!!! My legs were completely frozen and I couldn’t feel my face.  I’m probably going to get pneumonia now.

So I went inside, where a slew of other bad things happened such as my access badge not working, my crate full of important papers being missing, and my stomach rumbling….

Can Friday PLEASE hurry up and get here?!?!?!?!

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment