Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Wrap Up

Instead of doing what millions of bloggers will do today (blogging about what they got for Christmas), I’m going to blog about what I GAVE for Christmas.  Since both are boring, I figure I’ll at least be able to explain my rationale for some of the more creative gifts.

My Mom- Disney Gift Card
An obvious choice, her love for Disney combined with an upcoming cruise made this one easy.  Manicure? Massage? A few drinks? Whatever she wants, she gets!

My Brother- PSU Golf Towel and Club Head Cover
PSU Grad, Golf enthusiast. Easy and spirited.

My Sister-Harry Potter Mug
This mug is SO COOL.  It was so cool that I took it out of the packaging to try it out before I wrapped it back up and gave it to her…so it was slightly used…whatever. It is a black mug that says “I solemnly swear I am up to no good” and when you pour hot liquid in it, it changes white and says “Mischief Managed”.  So freakin cool!



I also got her a pair of flats that go in a little pouch and fit in your purse.  Totally useful considering my own experience of walking barefoot through DC because my feet hurt…

Joey- Disney Golf Bag with Embroidered initials, Concert Tickets
Golf is the theme this year apparently.  Joey loves his new golf bag (it has an insulated beverage pocket!) and we are going to Kenny Chesney on June 4th!

My Dad- And this one was my favorite… Fake Parakeet in a Cage
OK this one obviously merits an explanation.  Ever since our parakeet, Noel, died a few years ago my Dad has been campaigning for a new one.  And when I say campaigning I DO mean spam emails, Facebook accounts, “Parakeets Clearing House” notifications in my inbox, etc.  He already has the name picked out and wants a green one.  Well my Mom is totally anti-parakeet.  So it has become a bit of a holiday…tradition (?) in my house.  Dad wants a parakeet and Mom says no.  So this year I did some googling (which I am SUPER good at) and found a life-sized, stuffed green and yellow parakeet.  Perfect.  Paired with a $10 cage from amazon.com, it was all ready to go!

Here are some pictures from the big reveal!  Poor Dad, he almost got his Christmas wish, but at least Mom is happy too!

The initial surprise!

SO proud with his new Keet

Meeting his new "Friend"

Best Friends Forever!
So, what did you guys give for Christmas?  And yes, I know you are there, even though you are all refusing to follow me... I can still see you!!!!

SG

2 comments:

  1. I really like the parakeet idea. You're too funny. Also, that mug is AWESOME!! I want one! haha.

    Let's see I gave Charlie that artwork, my mom and MIL a throw blanket with the kids handprints embroidered on them, my FIL got a handpainted sign with their last name and the year they got married, Candace got a cardigan, Pat got a picture frame collage for his house at college, and my dad got a shirt and a sticker for his car that says "Hockey Grandparent." I think everyone liked their gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete