Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Little Tini

So I wanted to post about a little project I did this weekend with my friend Kristie.  We were invited to a holiday gathering and the focus of the party was a bake-off!  Everyone was supposed to bake their best holiday treat (there were cookies, brownies, cinnamon-sugar balls, and Ninja-bread men) and all the girls would taste them and vote on whose were the best.  Well Kristie and I, being extremely creative (and possibly alcoholics) decided to create a dessert beverage instead! 

Of course we couldn't just follow a recipe like normal people, so we decided to create our own!  And OF COURSE we couldn't just try it out at the party.  We needed a dry run (har har, not so dry!).  Last week, I went over to Kristie's place after work.  We stopped at the liquor store and got all kinds of chocolatey liquer, rumplemintz, other minty green stuff, etc.  We figured we'd do a choco-minty martini, and add a mini-candy cane to stir it with.

Well, to keep it brief, we tried 4 or 5 combinations, and drank them. All.  Oops. We ended on the "best" one but hey, who knows if it was actually that good, cause we'd had quite a few tries of this choco-mintini...

On Saturday night, I headed back over to Kristie's and we collaborated all of our ingredients:

-Godiva Chocolate Liquer
-Rumplemintz
-Candy Canes (Couldn't find the minis, so I broke off the ends and made stirrers)
-Hershey's Chocolate Sauce
-Whipped Cream
-Cherries
-Crushed Candy Cane (With a hammer!)
-Mini Tini Glasses

When we got to the party, we got to work making our creation.  Of course I took photos to document the occasion.  (Obviously left myself out per my previous posts...)

Martinis pre-glitz and glamor


My broken Candy Cane project



Kristie adding the whipped cream!


Adding the cherries

Close up of the final product

Kristie modeling our Tini
As you can see, I think our product was a success.  Except the semi-gross color of the drink once the whipped cream melted... but hey, it was a good sipper, and if you're nice, maybe I'll post the recipe.... now which one was it???

Til next time!

SG

No comments:

Post a Comment