Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Freshman 15 (and a bonus rant!)

Of COURSE it’s National Cupcake Day. 

Why wouldn’t it be, on a day when I finally got the balls to weigh myself and was faced with a horrifying number that has been haunting me all day?!

They say you gain weight when you get married.  They also say you gain weight when you quit working out and get your appetite back after not being able to eat for 10 months due to wedding stress…

Sorry to get a little bit personal but hey, it’s MY blog… so go shove a cupcake in your mouth. 

Anyway, I know I’ve been gaining a few pounds since the wedding for several reasons:

1. The cruise. Anybody that has ever been on a cruise knows they practically force feed you 7 meals a day, with dessert. And drinks.

2. It’s SO COLD OUT. Why do I want to walk across the street to the gym? It’s freezing! And the dog doesn’t want to go for a walk either, so we’re out of luck.  Maybe I’ll pop in that Power90 dvd.  Maybe tomorrow…

3. I’m lazy.  I’ll admit it.  I don’t have Red Rockers anymore after work, so I love going straight home and getting some QT in with Doc.  If you know anything about Min Pins, which you probably don’t, they are SUPER snuggly little animals.  Except when they feel threatened…which for him is pretty much all the time… but anyway, he loves to schnuggle me and I would hate to have to put him back in his crate so I could go work out for a while.

I guess it’s officially about time I get back on the bandwagon.  If I ever want to dance again I am going to need to look the part.  Looks like it’s time to sign up for a race.  Ugh. I love to hate running. Srsly. AND I guess I’ll start bringing my lunch to work again (yay! I did it today!) and drinking water and DIET soda…

So when you see me around at holiday functions, please don’t judge me or make any comments like “when’s the baby due?” because FIRST OF ALL (and I am trying to keep it together here) I am EXTREMELY tired of people asking me, talking about, joking around about when we are going to have children.  It was whatever at first, then it got annoying, and now, I’m about to punch the next person who mentions the “P” word to me.  This is MY body, and my husband and I will decide when we want to put a baby in it.  THANKYOUVERYMUCH. 

Moving on… sorry I got a little distracted there…

I think I’ll start by setting a goal. 

Do Power90 some time this week. 

HEY that’s a manageable goal! They say start small!!!  Now I just have to figure out how to use the monster DVD player and the 98364 remote controls…. Sigh.

Yours truly,
Fatty

No comments:

Post a Comment