Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

38 Weeks!

Well hello there! My 38 week appointment is tomorrow but I can share details from my 37 weeker- nothing new.  Not surprising.  I'll be sure to keep updating as long as I can :) If I suddenly go missing, it's probably for a good reason!

Friday we took the dogs to the vet for their annual check ups and to make sure they are up to date on all their shots before we bring a baby into the mix.  Everyone got a clean bill of health, even our 13-pounder... Our 7.5-pounder (Doc) got some anxiety meds because he's been having a hard time coping with all the changes that have been happening.  I need to go fill that prescription this week.  Also, fun game- will the baby weigh more or less than Doc?!

Saturday and Sunday we ran errands, spent time with family, and stocked up on necessary items such as 3 bottles of wine from my favorite winery (for celebrating!) and some breastmilk alcohol test strips (for after celebrating...). 

I'm sure this is not surprising, but sitting around waiting to go into labor really sucks.  Not that I'm actually sitting around waiting but it's just plain nerve wracking.  I'm trying to keep myself occupied but, as I knew would happen, I've been so good about getting everything done ahead of time that I'm running out of things to do.  I'm actually starting to browse birth announcements.... it's sad.

Last thing- we took some maternity photos at 35 weeks and our awesome photographer just posted our blog! Check us out- http://www.heatheradamsphotography.com/blog/sarah-and-joey-maternity-session

Date: July 29, 2014

How far along? 38 Weeks, 1 day. She's officially as big as a watermelon.  It is really cool to think that she started out smaller than a poppy seed. It really is a miracle.

How is Mama doing?  Hanging in there!

Movement:  She is SO active.  I thought movement was supposed to slow down as they run out of room/as labor approaches....

Maternity Clothes? I forgot to mention above that I officially started working from home this week and will do so until I have the baby.  So, work clothes are no longer an issue.  I can wear comfortable clothing (and shoes!) which is a HUGE deal at 38+ weeks.

Pregnancy Fitness: I got the dogs out for a walk once last week but that's it.  I realize this makes me sound like I'm sitting on the couch eating bon bons, but the reality is I'm all over the place.  Running errands, running up and down the stairs doing loads of laundry, cleaning, etc.  I might not be doing "workouts" but I'm not totally slacking either.

Symptoms:  Hip pain, sucky sleep, anxiety/nervousness/feeling excited.  She's almost here!

Belly Button:  So so sad looking.  Also, rando, my linea nigra does not line up with my belly button piercing hole.  Does that mean that my piercing was off center?

Nutrition/Cravings?  The one thing I am DEFINITELY ready to be done with is constantly worrying that something I eat is going to harm my baby.  After the peach recall last week and a hotdog scare this week (I realized the hotdogs I had been eating-which hotdogs are kind of a nono as it is- expired a full week before I bought them) I am about ready to give up on food all together.  It is stressful having to consider every single thing I am eating!!! 

Sleep:  I'm actually sleeping pretty well in between the bathroom trips.  I'll wake up from time to time and be stuck awake for a while but I'm able to fall asleep eventually.  I'm trying to stock up on sleep.  I really wish it worked like that.  I'd have a TON in the bank.

Looking Forward To:  I tend to look forward to my appointments because I have this secret hope that they will admit me directly from an appointment and I won't have to worry anymore about "when".

What I miss:  Not worrying about everything I'm eating and whether it's going to hurt my baby.

Doc/Chloe:  AKA my new coworkers.  They are VERY confused about why I am staying home all day and not going to work.  Yesterday was our first day and they were very tired by bedtime.  They are also confused as to why I am suddenly spending time in the dining room (my "office").  There was also an incident with Chloe barking at some balloons and also at a large branch that fell down in the backyard. 

Co-workers in my "office"


38 Week Pic:
Took this yesterday. I look like a whale but I'm all about keeping it real on the internet. 




3 comments:

  1. You look great! Trust me! I won't even post pics of myself. And the waiting is seriously so hard. I figure it's the start of all the times we'll have to be patient as parents, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are right! I'm terrible at waiting in general so this is torture!! We're almost there!

      Delete
    2. Yea me too. I don't know if this is helpful or just interesting, but you can look up statistics of going into labor day by day: http://spacefem.com/pregnant/due.php.

      Delete