Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

36 Weeks

Date: July 15, 2014

How far along? 36 Weeks, 1 day. She's a "large cantaloupe".

How is Mama doing?  Much better this week than I was last week when I filled out this survey! Still tired and sore, but hanging in there just fine.  We're mostly ready.  We still need to install the carseat and I need to drop the thank you notes in the mail.  But the Pack n Play is set up on my side of the bed, the nursery is about finished (pics coming soon I promise!) and I'm watching videos like "how to bathe your infant" in my spare time.  Because of this, my prediction is that little miss will arrive fashionably late.  Let's hope I'm wrong ;)

Movement:  Rockin and rollin.  And sitting. On my bladder.

Maternity Clothes? Wishing I had more options for work that were more summery.  But I'm not buying anything else so I'm just making do with what I have.

Pregnancy Fitness: What is this, 3rd week in a row without any Denise Austin? Well I'll definitely be hitting up the neighborhood pavement this week with the dogs who CLEARLY need to burn off some energy...  Doc and Chloe got into my hospital bag last night because they were bored.  I wonder how many times the L&D nurses have heard "my dog ate my birth plan"??

Symptoms:  The beach ball under my shirt has been getting bigger, which makes it a little more difficult/slow to get around.  Heartburn is there but completely manageable. I'm starting to have some anxiety about the birth.  People who have been pregnant with me are starting to have their babies! I've been doing a TON of reading on anything from labor and delivery to what to do with a newborn.  My nesting is out of control- maybe sometime I'll tell you about my meltdown that led Joey to completely hand-scrub and re-finish the entire kitchen floor over the weekend. And then I went to Target and bought 5 rugs. 

Husband of the freaking year right there. He even wore my purple gloves.
Our kitchen tile looks brand new.  After 3 years, it's finally finished!  I need to snap some pics.
Belly Button: At this point I just feel sorry for it.  I'm still oiling up like crazy and I'm watching my skin stretch and grow and just cringeing.  Baby has a LOT more growing to do!!

Nutrition/Cravings?  I'm off the bandwagon. That doesn't mean I'm not eating fruits and veggies, but I'm also feeling less bad about eating donuts at breakfast time and having a slurpee at 2 in the afternoon and fudge after dinner.  My sweet tooth is a little out of control...

Sleep:  I'm managing!  I'm at the point where I have to put a pillow wedged under my belly to support it while laying on my side.  So it's kind of hard to get situated.  Plus I'm getting up 4 times a night to go to the bathroom.  AND because I am not ashamed, we have those little dog steps up onto our bed, except we had to move them to the other side of the bed to fit the Pack n Play on my side.  One of the dogs was able to figure out the new location of the steps really quickly.  The other, fat, dumb one just stands there next to me, confused, and boofs repeatedly as if asking for a written invitation. 

Looking Forward To:  A few things this week! My last prenatal massage is tonight, our work is throwing us a shower on Thursday, our 36 week appointment is Friday annnd also on Friday....I'm turning......gulp..... 30!!!

What I miss: I know I already said this one, but being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor is something you don't notice until you can't anymore.  I never realized how many times a day I drop things. 

Doc/Chloe:  Like I said, they have been feeling neglected/bored lately and I blame that partially on the weather, because it's been either too hot or too rainy to let them outside for extended periods of time.  But I also blame it on us because we are just preoccupied getting ready for the baby.  I know when they are bored because they get into stuff in the middle of the night.  We had a really long streak of underwear-free eating, but that was broken on Saturday.  Then last night Chloe helped herself to the contents of my hospital/labor bag, including the afore mentioned gigantic bite she took out of my birth plan.  This dog eats paper. I'm not even kidding!!  We're trying to show both of them love, but this new reality is something they are going to have to get used to and so are we.  Luckily the weather is supposed to cool off a bit this week so I plan to take advantage of that and get them outside for some exercise.

Stuck in MinPin jail over the weekend.  Sorry guys, grout remover is poisonus :(
36 Week Pic:

Haven't taken one in the hall bathroom for a while.  Also, it was not even 6am yet. Don't judge the tired eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment