Total Pageviews

Monday, June 2, 2014

Pennsylvania Baby Shower

Happy Monday!
I'm going to do the 30 week (OMG) update tomorrow because today I want to share about my supercalifragilisticexpialidocious baby shower in PA this weekend.  (In other news, I would like to also mention that I spelled the above 14 syllable word correctly from memory.)
 
My sister, sister-in-law, and mama threw me a beautiful shower that was slightly Mary Poppins themed.  They did such a great job and every little detail was absolutely perfect (practically perfect in every way?).  I'm planning on sharing a ton of pictures on Facebook later today, but I wanted to share a few on the old blog as a sneak peek.
 
The invitations were suuuper cute.  I cut off the bottom just in case there are any weirdos out there.



It was also a book shower, so baby Gish has a new collection of really awesome books!
 
 
I may have mentioned that my sister works at Lilly Pulitzer and therefore, we repped the #summerinlilly.  Baby also recieved her first Lilly outfits ;)
 
Sisters <3

 
We played the measuring game, which was fun because my friends and family are all nerds and took it very seriously using their analytic skills.  We also played a "Guess what's in Mary Poppins' bag?" game where they had to feel items in white paper bags and guess what they were.  And of course bingo because I believe every shower should play bingo or something like it while gifts are being opened. Gives people something to do and prizes are always a good thing :)

Another set of sisters that I love <3

Corinne and Mom

Baby's new book collection!!!

Overwhelming generosity.  And a pirate treasure chest.
 
Up close view of part of the banner. Note the Chi Omega Owl and the Alpha Delta Pi Lion, Baby's two sorority choices.
(OK I'm kidding.)  (...but am I?)

The party scene!

Stone Harbor Girls

Grandmom, her daughters, and their daughters (and my daughter)

Playing outside with my Goddaughter

My HS BFF, Bridesmaid, MZ, etc, Steph. We always said we'd be pregnant together! Steph's expecting her 2nd this Fall :)

The weather this weekend was simply beautiful. Joey, my Dad, and my brother, Alex, went to lunch and had a good time at the bar while the shower was going on.  It was great to see my family, as always, and to visit my old stompin' grounds.  Joey and I are very thankful for everyone's love and support and we're very excited to meet our baby in ~10 weeks!

I hope you liked this little taste of our weekend.  More to come :)

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment