Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

33 Weeks

We had our 32 week appointment last week and everything's looking good.  I scheduled all of my appointments from now through 2 days after my due date.  Let's just hope I don't need any more than that!!

This weekend we went to the beach with my family for a couple days.  It was a long trip in the car with many rest stops, but we did a lot of fun things and I got to see the ocean this summer.  Also, Joey caught a seagull when it flew into his fishing line.  It was traumatic at first (I called wildlife rescue) until the stupid thing wriggled free of the fishing line, hook, and weight that was keeping it from flying away.  Then it was funny. 

Date: June 24, 2014

How far along? 33 Weeks 1 day, Baby is the size of a pineapple.

How is Mama doing?  Still doing well- some days are better than others. Mostly it's just being extremely tired and being sore- either in my hips or lower belly.  She's getting heavier in there! Sitting in my car has become pretty uncomfortable with the bucket seats and the long commute, so I'm going to start carpooling with Joey in his comfy truck at earlier hours (therefore shorter commute).  In other, random, exciting news, I found out that not only does my insurance cover a breast pump, but it's actually the brand I really wanted.  That saves me about $250 so I'm extremely happy/I never thought I'd get excited over something like this...

Movement:  There is a constant dance party going on in my belly.  Last night I got worried because I wasn't feeling her move so I ate some fruit snacks before bed.  Hugest mistake ever. I essentially gave my kid candy before bedtime.  Sigh... I have a lot to learn...

Maternity Clothes?  A few weeks ago I decided that I'm not buying anything else since the end is in sight. So, I'm making do with what I have. Which is getting boring and I feel like a broken record wearing the same outfits over and over but that's just how it's gonna be!

Pregnancy Fitness: Uhh well, I did a workout until the laptop froze, then I went to the beach and walked around a lot. So... that's something.

Symptoms:  Over the past few days, my heartburn has definitely been worse. I'm guessing this is just how it's going to be for the next 7 weeks. Tums work for me, although my current worry is about how many tums I can take before having kidney failure.  Because that is a normal thing.

Belly Button: It's still in, however there is a quadrant that is poking out a little bit. Not OUT but out. I don't really like belly buttons so I hope it doesn't pop out like a turkey thermometer.

Nutrition/Cravings?  Haven't done so great with the nutrition over the past couple of days, although I've been eating things like bananas and yogurt in between the Burger King and chinese food (this is what happens when you take road trips/don't go grocery shopping!).  I'm also still really interested in eating chocolatey things :)

Sleep:  Some nights are better than others.

Looking Forward To:  My VA baby shower is this weekend! We're also taking a childbirth class at the hospital. I'm only looking forward to that because it'll make me feel more prepared.

What I miss: I wouldn't say I exactly "missed" taking part in group shotguns this past weekend however I do miss being part of the action.  I was the loser with the camera instead :-/

Doc/Chloe:  Doc is still chewing his nails and now Chloe is limping.  OH and last night they played in the ivy that Joey had just sprayed Round Up on, so everyone got a bath. What a mess.

33 Week Pic:

Definitely not a burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment