Total Pageviews

Monday, June 9, 2014

31 Weeks

Well... we are officially in the "single digits" club when it comes to weeks.  We have 9 weeks left! (or less!) (or more...)

This weekend was very productive.  I managed to clean out every cabinet in our kitchen and continued to de-clutter and organize various places around the house.  Joey and I spent all day Sunday in the nursery and it's coming along swimmingly.  Still much to do, but I'm feeling better.  One of the things that had started to stress me out was how to organize everything.  I'm not done yet but I've gotten some drawer dividers and closet organizers that have calmed me down a little.

Teaser photo. I promise to do an entire nursery post when it's finally done!
Friday we had our 30 week appointment and I asked the Dr. if she could tell me what body part was stabbing me in the ribcage.  She felt around and told me baby is head down already and will probably stay that way (body part in the ribs? Knees and legs. Awesome.).

Date: June 9, 2014

How far along? 31 Weeks! Baby is the size of a pineapple.

How is Mama doing?  Just truckin' along.

Movement:  Lots of movement- very strong and sometimes it even hurts a little bit.  On days where I'm very busy and all over the place, I feel like she moves less. But I think that is just because I'm moving around and I don't feel it (or she's sleeping).  I have not been counting kicks regularly, however I have been paying attention to the movement in general. If at any time I am worried, I'll start counting, and I always get to 10 pretty quickly!

Maternity Clothes?  My office has a really strict dress code and shoe policy that's going to get interesting in the next couple of months.  I would hope they'd cut me a little slack but the no capris and no sandals thing is rather annoying :(

Pregnancy Fitness: We took a walk with the dogs last Monday and I ended up with some pretty bad round ligament pain so I need to either slow down a bit or get a belly support band. I also did the strength training workout once, and was on my feet all weekend long around the house doing various nesting activities.

Symptoms:  Nothing new.  My hips are definitely more sore lately and my bladder seems to be getting smaller (or baby is getting bigger).  But it is what it is! 

Belly Button: Still in.  Also I'm thinking the skin on my stomach is getting pretty stretched. I'm guessing I will see stretch marks in the area around my belly button. Still lathering with oil but I recognize it may have no effect.

Nutrition/Cravings?   I'm still really into chocolate and/or ice cream.  And I really like cherry flavored Icees or Water Ice.  No crazy cravings though!  I'm still trying to eat healthy options, force down extra veggies, and drink milk with dinner. My appetite has not been very big, so another challenge has been making sure I've eaten enough/not forgetting to eat a big enough meal.  We got to Lowe's on Sunday and I realized I didn't feel well because all I'd eaten so far that day was a banana.  I'm expecting another growth spurt soon, so my appetite should be picking up again shortly.

Sleep:  Sleeping has become a little more uncomfortable.  I've been waking up every few hours.  Still managing, but the Min Pins are getting frustrated with me.  At least one of them has learned to go sleep somewhere else.  I'm working on the pillow-hog.

Looking Forward To:  Going to the beach (one last hurrah!) and my baby shower this month!

What I miss: Wawa turkey subbbbbs.  At this point it is more of a game than anything. I realize I could probably eat a turkey sandwich. I could also probably drink a glass of wine. But now it's been so long that it's like a test of will.  Joey said he'd bring me a wawa hoagie in the hospital.  He's such a good husband.

Doc/Chloe:  They have been very confused about the little clothes and toys that they are not allowed to play with.  They know how "Christmas" works and they wanted to help me open things when I took them out of their packaging, or when I pulled out the tiny onesies they wanted to sniff.  Also, Chloe really thinks the whole point of the glider in the nursery is so she can sit on my lap and look out the window.  I can't sit in that thing without her jumping on my lap.  It's going to be a difficult adjustment period :(

31 Week Pic:
Not very cute this week, sorry. Feeling a little case of the Mondays ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment