Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

32 Weeks

Date: June 17, 2014

How far along? 32 Weeks, 1 day

How is Mama doing?  I seem to have turned a corner.  I woke up yesterday and suddenly felt huge, tired, and uncomfortable. Baby definitely had a growth spurt this weekend, and I enjoyed eating my way through that, which is probably why I don't feel so great.  I've been trying to drink tons of water and get moving to counter that a little bit. I did lose almost 1.5 lbs of bloat in one day, so I felt better this morning.  But overall, feeling pretty tired and cranky the past couple of days.

Movement:  Baby was doing the hula all weekend and all yesterday. I read something that says she is sleeping 90-95% of the day.  So she either sleep-hulas or that's not the case...

Maternity Clothes?  I actually had to retire a pair of maternity pants.  I think this must happen at some point in any pregnancy.  They are the kind that go under the bump, and they were just too tight.  I think baby is sitting semi-low, so that might have something to do with it.

Pregnancy Fitness: I did 1 workout vid this past week and it wasn't enough. I need to get moving.

Symptoms:  I haven't had any leg cramps, but I have noticed the restless leg thing a few times.  Usually stretching or walking around helps.  Taking a tum here or there for mild heartburn. 3rd tri exhaustion is slowly creeping back in and I don't like it!

Belly Button: My poor belly button! It's so stretched.

Nutrition/Cravings?  Probably could have done without the 2nd slice of cake on Sunday.  Or the dunkin donuts coffee and bagel this morning.  I know eating healthier has a direct effect on how I feel, so I need to focus better on fruits and veggies.  I did skip the cake yesterday, even though it was calling my name. (More on the cake later.)

Sleep:  Getting more difficult.  My body is now producing more relaxin (the hormone that allows my hips to widen) which is great for delivery, except I'm having a lot of hip pain.  I'm flipping over from side to side all night long, and every time I wake up, I figure I might as well go to the bathroom too.  Things are getting fun!

Looking Forward To:  32 week appointment tomorrow (already!) and hopefully hitting up the beach this weekend if the weather allows!

What I miss: Hanging out with friends on the weekends.  Joey was sweet and invited some friends over to our place on Sunday to watch the Nascar race because he knows how much I miss getting to see people.  I think the exhaustion side of pregnancy is hard to understand, because it's not a symptom that you can easily see, like morning sickness for example.  But I would much rather stay at home on a Friday night than go to a bar with loud music, where I can't drink, where the seats are super uncomfortable and there might be people smoking cigarettes everywhere.  Ugh I sound like a grandmother.  At least  I'm not prohibiting Joey from doing those things. He only has a couple more months of freedom ;)

Doc/Chloe:  I just feel bad for them.  Doc has developed a new habit where he chews off his dew claws.  I'm worried he is stressed about everything that is changing. He has no idea... :(

32 Week Pic: Brace yourselves for this!



1 comment:

  1. I have a snoogle pillow and it helps so much with aches and pains while sleeping

    ReplyDelete