Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

Book and Wine Club


I don't think I ever told you guys that I joined a book club.
I know, totally suburban housewife of me, right??
But here's the thing, it's a book AND WINE club. So that makes it okay.

I was inspired by a couple New Year's Resolution posts to read more books.  I don't necessarily set resolutions for myself, but I do agree that I need to be reading more.  When my friend Christina set up a book club for wine lovers, I thought it was too fortuitous to ignore.  We also are choosing Virginia authors and Virginia wines, as homage to our "home state" *yes Mom, I know it's not my home state.

Our first book was The Merlot Murders, and we obviously paired it with Merlot for our first meeting at one of the girls' houses.

Our second book was Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl, so we decided to meet at a local Winery to celebrate the "farm" lifestyle and also pair our meeting with her beloved Chardonnay (and a lot of other wine...).

We met at local Paradise Springs Winery on Saturday, and took the $25 wine tour.  We were given access to the old cabin from the 1700s, had multiple photo shoots, witnessed a marriage proposal, drank wayyyy to much wine, ate a ton of cheese and crackers, and had more photo shoots.  Luckily, we weren't the most obnoxious ones.... It was a great time and I wanted to share some of it with you all.  I definitely recommend doing the tour if you go to this winery. I think the tour was a great way to learn about the history of the winery. Also the wine samples are very, very generous!
SO DRAMATIC
The room where the proposal happened.
 
Early 1700s Chandelier. That I LOVED.

Posing with the Staircase

Amanda is being dramatic with the wine barrels


Cheers!!!!

Our list of wines for the day


I thought it was cool that one barrel was pink.
The entire group.
If you want to read along, our next book is Sophie's Choice, or you can contact me to find out how to join our club! All are welcome!! :)

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment