Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Summer Bummer

This is a really good example of why I don't take "fashion risks" very often.  They never work out.  I'm sure my complaint is the same as many other women- my curvy body just doesn't usually work with clothes that are designed on skinny mannequins. 

Case in point:  I'm perusing Pinterest, and I come across this really cute swimsuit.  I know fringe is "in" right now, and even though it could be deemed a little weird, I decide that I like it and click on it to check it out.


So it turns out Zappos sells it (ultra win, because Zappos ships overnight for free) and that it costs $132.  YIKES.  So this is a 'designer' suit.... So I decided to buy it because more expensive stuff tends to fit better because a little more goes into making it.  I chose size Large to fit my big buns and the girls, and only had to wait a day before it arrived at the house.

After work yesterday, I was super excited to open the box and try it on! I didn't even get the top part on before I knew it was bad news.  The bottoms didn't fit my butt at all.  Well, they did.  But I had to double check the size to make sure they didn't send me a medium by mistake...

But it gets worse!

The top part didn't cover my boobs.  See how it's sitting on her chest? Yeah... I had to place them in the appropriate spot.  And I knew they wouldn't be staying there if I were to go walking or swimming in this thing.  There was absolutely no support.

[Side note- I think if I had fake boobs this suit would have fit a lot better.  They sit higher and stay put when you place them somewhere (at least I think they do?).  This is not the first time I've been tempted to replace them with silicone...]

But the worst part...

Is that there was a huge gap between the bathing suit and my body over my stomach.  It looked ridiculous.  My large chest caused the material to not sit flat against my stomach... and it looked really weird.  If you look closely in the below picture, you can see it's not sitting flat against her stomach either. 


Really cute suit, but not recommended for those with more than a B cup.
Hey, sometimes you have to take risks to learn a life lesson.  Obviously I will be returning this one.

Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's going to fit you perfectly. Better stick to Target!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment