Total Pageviews

Friday, February 8, 2013

Sudden Realization

First, I'd like to say that I grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania. AKA the North. AKA nobody talks with a southern accent up there.

Second, I've only seen this movie ONCE.  In Kindergarten (which, now that I think about it, was a certain lapse in judgement by my teachers).  It scarred me for life so bad that I can vividly remember the classroom, sitting on the rug, watching the tv on it's giant black stand, craning my neck to see.  We watched it over several days.  I think this may have been when one of the teachers was in a car accident and we had a sub before we had a permanent replacement.  And I remember crying hysterically at the end.  I hated it. And I've never watched it since.

Last night, we were watching "Family Guy" and there was an "Old Yeller" reference (if you do not know about this movie, then you are probably not old enough to be unsupervised on the internet).  I thought about it for a minute, and suddenly my eyes went wide.  These past years of living in Virginia have exposed me to some pretty redneck folks. 

I guess I always thought he was called "Old Yeller" because he barked loud?  I don't know.

But last night I realized it was 'cause he is YELLOW.  Or, "Yeller" if you are a redneck southerner......


No comments:

Post a Comment