Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2013

I wish we could live off Casseroles....

I don’t like writing about cooking because I don’t like cooking.

But I realize that I need to get better at it because 1) it’s sort of become a joke that I can’t cook and I don’t really like that. And 2) someday I am going to have to feed a growing human being (other than Joey haha) that will need to eat nutritious food and not just frozen pizzas and Bertolli’s ready-made meals…. Although what’s to follow is pretty much up there in the same category as the frozen pizzas and Bertollis…but, I digress……..

Earlier this week I got home earlier than normal and Joey asked me if we could have chicken wings for dinner.  I said no, because when he asked for chicken wings I thought “hmm… I bet there is a buffalo chicken casserole recipe online somewhere…” and I was totally right!! I sort of followed the directions and may have added/removed a couple ingredients. 

It’s not healthy. At all. So if you are looking for smart, gluten-free eats, this is not the place.  But I was pretty proud of it:

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts, cut into “cubes” (or in my case, mutilated into small pieces)
2-3 cups pasta, cooked
1/3 cup buffalo sauce (frank’s red hot!)
1 cup ranch dressing
½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
Bread crumbs

Directions:

1.       Pre-heat oven to 350
2.       Cook chicken (I cooked it in a little bit of ranch dressing)
3.       Boil pasta
4.       Mix all ingredients together into a big bowl, pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top
5.       Bake for about 20 minutes

So, I’m pretty sure this will not put me up for any sort of award but I was proud of what I did with what we had and it actually tasted pretty darn good too.  Of course you need to add a salad or a vegetable to make this resume a well-rounded meal in any fashion. 

Also I don’t have a picture of it but just imagine pasta and chicken in orange-colored sauce. (I guess I don’t have a future in restaurant marketing, either.)

OTHER CASSEROLES I LIKE:

Chicken Casserole (Chicken, stuffing, green beans, corn.  It’s like thanksgiving!)
Tuna Casserole (Tuna, pasta, cheddar cheese. Mmmmmm)

Also, I’m up for suggestions. Send me any of your (easy) recipes!!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you want something that is easy but healthier/delicious you have GOT to try crock pot recipes! I just made beef & broccoli "take out" which was super easy & tasty... pinterest has some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete