Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wrapping up Summer

In early June, I wrote a Summer Lookahead post with a list of all the fun things we were doing this summer.

Well..... We have officially done everything on the list!!

Last weekend we finished our summer with a Labor Day half marathon in Virginia Beach.  It was SO humid, but we finished and Joey has his first half marathon medal! We did not have a time goal, and it felt great to not be focusing on beating the clock.  Our goal was to finish the race and we did. :)

Yes, I will probably man up and buy the actual picture eventually.
This weekend, we gambled with Mother Nature and went to Richmond for the NASCAR Race amongst warnings of severe thunderstorms and relentless rain.  Somehow, the race actually happened.  Bonus? We got to wear our bright yellow Disney ponchos...

I got yelled at for not posting anything about the race on my blog yesterday.... so here are a few pictures since my phone (aka camera) died.

Storm Damage.  We got really lucky with the weather, actually.

Tailgating. Which cooler is ours?? Thanks, Sister.

The one picture we got of the track.

Joey didn't think I'd put this picture up. HE WAS WRONG. 
Folks, don't split a case of beer and then go sit in the rain at a Nascar race. It makes you tired.  I took a nice little nap inside my yellow poncho and came out when the race started again. I felt like a hibernating bear. A big, drunk, yellow, bear. (Pooh? Is that you?)

Anyway....................... The rain and storms brought a front of BEAUTIFUL FALL WEATHER.  I am so excited!

The first OFFICIAL day of Fall is Saturday, September 22nd.  We are only days away!

So raise your glass (of pumpkin spice latte)... because Fall is almost here!!!!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment