Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Watch

Joey and I took advantage of duty-free shopping on our honeymoon cruise, and each came home with a brand new watch!

(Bonus- a picture of our wedding rings-probably the cleanest they will ever be- and also a picture of my unnaturally hairy arms!)

It was a Citizens titanium watch that kept excellent time. 

I'm saying "was" alot.  Why are we speaking in the past tense, you may wonder?

The last time the watch was seen was the evening of the Hat Party.  When Joey went to put his watch on Monday morning, he could not find it.  We checked everywhere, in my purse, in drawers in the kitchen, etc.  We worried somebody might have stolen it.  He remembered he took it off at some point in the night because it was bothering him.

Here is the last known photo of the watch:


Fast forward to us running through the front of the neighborhood.  As we climbed the grueling hill that welcomes us back after each long run, I noticed something shiny on the ground.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that it was a small, silver link.  As we ran, I kept noticing silver links here and there, scattered amongst the gravel.  Suddenly, I had a horrible realization. 

"Joey..... I think I found your watch."

He bent down and picked up a small, circle of metal laying there with the links and read the inscription on the back.

"Citizens"

We had found his watch.  In about 100 pieces.  From what we can gather, he had set it on the bumper of the truck in the driveway, and when we'd gone out to breakfast the following morning, the poor watch slid off the bumper and into the road, where it was smashed to smitherines.

Looking back now it's kind of funny.  It sucks that we lost something sentimental and pretty expensive...

But hey, I guess we'll have to go on another cruise so he can get a new one :)

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment