Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

Mike and Jenee: The Little Details


In the attempt to not repeat myself, I actually thought out how I was going to share pictures from this wedding.  Since many of my loyal followers are also friends on Facebook, I didn't want to post the pics over the weekend and then do a boring post Monday morning with all the same pics. 
(Yes, I actually think of these things.)

I decided to leave out the pictures of the decor, details, and theming to use in a blog post.  This wedding was especially well done, and it really does deserve it's own post.

I also included a couple other pics that you may have already seen, just to keep you on your toes.

The wedding was at the Historic Kent Manor Inn on Kent Island, MD.  It is an absoultely beautiful and historical location.  Which I loved.  This was our first B&B experience as well, and we really enjoyed it.  The building is old, so the walls are thin and things such as doorways and hallways are smaller.  But I love that. The downstairs was beautiful- I love the history of a place like this and it was well decorated to reflect the time it was built.  It was a gorgeous location for a wedding and reception.


Before the ceremony.
The theme for the entire wedding was the beautiful blue colors you see below, and the starfish.  It was a beach theme, and the wedding took place outside in front of a gazebo by the waters edge.


A picture of the bride and groom, and a little bit of wedding decor.  The water is directly behind the gazebo.  Reminds me of another wedding I attended ;)



I had to share this picture again because I am just so proud of it:

That's right. It's a post-vow fist bump.

The nametags were attached to starfish and stuck in a sand box. So creative and classy. 

The cake was beautifully done, with starfish and seaweed designs.

The groom's cake was a bucket of crabs. How freaking awesome is this?!?!?!

My place setting at table 5.

The centerpieces were made with empty wine bottles.  The bride and groom worked hard at emptying them for the past several months! ;) 
You can also see the favors in the above picture. They are little light houses with candles in them. They work PERFECTLY with our beach themed master bathroom.  LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Dinner option #1: Crab Cakes

Dinner option #2: Filet
Both dinners were amazing.  Not your typical "wedding food" (although I really haven't been to a wedding yet where I didn't think the food was delicious). 
Messing around with the table number and my nametag.

The ceremony site
Like I said, a beautiful wedding and a really really fun reception.  The inn was completely filled with wedding party and guests, so we partied late into the night.  I managed to spill red wine all over everything, lost my camera in somebody elses room (I later found out it was found in the room where we were doing sorority chants...typical) and Joey and Peyton tried to steal a rowboat but couldn't find the oars (thank goodness).

Congratulations to the beautiful couple!!!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment