Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Life without Internet...

...sucks.  Last Tuesday we noticed the internet was not working.  Wednesday, when it was still not working, I called Verizon and some lady in India told me there was an outage in the area and they didn't know when it would be fixed.  Thursday we got a letter in the mail apologizing for the outage.  Friday night, there were some really bad storms in the area which knocked out power and cell service for miles around.  Yesterday, I called Verizon again and found out they are doing a "migration" and that they don't know when service will be restored.  So I called and was swindled into switched over to Fios, and the installation is scheduled for Saturday, any time between 8 am and 5 pm... (seriously!). 

Why am I telling you this?  Cause that's where I've been.  My poor sister has been waiting patiently for beach pictures, I've not been able to go online and research my next Disney Vacation, or respond to emails because the touch-screen of my phone makes me go CRAZY when it spells everything wrong and I don't have the patience to deal with it.

So here's a quick recap of what's been going on in my life since we reverted to the dark ages of pre-internet.

1. We got a pool! YAY!  last Friday we set up this bad boy on the porch with the floaty pirate ship and a few brews.  We were set!


2. Boo! The storm came through and now our pool is closed until further notice....


Aftermath
3. Chloe has taken to barking at things that float in the pool.  She does not like floaty things.


Chlo vs. Pool
 4.  We inherited this beast from a neighbor who is moving.  Joey proudly brought it into the kitchen, my reaction to which was to point at the basement stairs and shake my head.



5. We've been working really hard on the house.  You may notice the ceiling fans and the lantern on the front porch that have replaced the nasty old lights.  My vision is slooowwlllyy coming together!


We've also been working hard on the basement. I bleached all the baseboards, painted 5 doors (only 3 to go!) and Joey cut all the new molding.  Next step is to tape off and paint allllll the molding, replace the bannister, and oh yeah... carpet the thing!

6.  I have a cold :( Not sure where it came from but it sucks. 

Hope everybody has some patriotic plans for this week! Stay safe and I'll hopefully have internet sooooon!!!!

~SG





No comments:

Post a Comment