Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

Civil War Party: Part I

The Civil War party was 110% a success.  We had about 40 people throughout the day, everyone participated in the events, and we never ran out of beer (although we went through about 2 kegs worth...)

I've shared alot of pictures on Facebook, so I thought a way to not repeat myself would be to share how I decorated the house. 

There was a battle going on in the downstairs bathroom.  These little army men did not make the cake cut, but they had other duties!

I made outhouse signs for the bathroom doors, so people would know what they were.

Robert E. Lee.  He was expensive, and someone (I'm pretty sure my brother) punched his head off towards the end of the night. RIP Bobby.

The island was set up with the challenges- Directions, flags, empty cases to fill with cans, wine bottles, puzzles, and some snacks.

It was rainy, but I still put some decor outside cause I knew people would be smoking out there.

Draft Sign up.  As people arrived, they signed their name on the appropriate side!

Signs on our bedroom doors, noting that it was our headquarters. AKA Do Not Enter!

The Information Station! Alllll of the information I have recieved, books that we own, and other Civil War related items were displayed for everyone to see.

Living Room decor.  I actually stuck the streamers and balloons on with straight pins.  It worked alot better than tape would have.

Civil War recruiting posters that I printed out, crumpled up, and stained with coffee.  Displayed these all over the house.  Stuck them to the walls with painters tape.

The hall of the presidents... going to the basement.

Staircase

Kitchen table, pre-food.  We had alot of snacky food, and EVERYTHING got eaten.
So that was how we decorated.  I'll be back tomorrow with a quick write up of how it all went down, including the story of how I split my eyebrow open while trying to read my version of the Gettysburg Address to the crowd....

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment