Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm 28 Now

...and I don't feel any different!  And I don't have any pictures to show for it, because I asked my sister to pick out a good baby picture of me for the blog yesterday (she's at home for the summer) but she FAILED and never sent it to me.  (That or she had to, you know, work...)

Alas I do not have much of an update because my actual birthday was none too exciting.  We started the celebration Tuesday night because I was asked to substitute teach a baby ballet class on my actual birthday.  Tuesday, we did a quick run in the sweltering heat, and without showering, jumped in the truck and went straight to Chik Fil A!! I got my #1 and my milkshake and was a very happy camper.  When I got home, Joey (who can't keep secrets, remember?) gave me my present.

OMGGG I totally have wanted one of these foreverrrrr!! I sent him the link for it a looong time ago, and last week when I sent him my Stella and Dot wish list, he mentioned that he'd "need me to send the link for that other necklace too".  So I was pretty confident I wasn't getting it for my birthday.

He totally surprised me!  Funny anecdote- I mentioned that normally, monograms have the last name initial in the center.  He said "I know, but I thought it looked weird. I think it looks much better this way."  And you know what? I  have to agree with him. I always think that is weird, I'm not SGE... I'm SEG.  Duh.

Anyways... so that was Tuesday.

Wednesday morning when we woke up, I asked Joey how many Facebook birthday wall posts I was going to get.  He guessed 154.  Last night, at 11:30pm, I was at 153 and totally astonished!! I finished the day with over 160 and I am just overwhelmed with how many people wanted to reach out and say Happy Birthday. Through FB, email, call and text, I recieved so much love and I consider myself very lucky!!!

Wednesday was a typical work day, with a presentation thrown in the mix.  After bolting out of work slightly early, I got home, Joey had dinner ready, and I headed off to the dance studio to teach some mini ballerinas.  The studio owners even busted out the tutus and play jewelry since it was my birthday.  It ended up working very well as a bribery technique... "Let's do 3 more echappes and then we'll each get another necklace to wear!".  Sigh...

When I got home, I was presented with a card from Doc and Chloe, with all the "e"s written backwards.... haha.  We cracked a few beers to celebrate and our friend Peyton stopped by to hang out. 

All in all, I had a great birthday.  And the best is yet to come.... this weekend it's PARTY TIME!!!! Stay tuned!!

~Older and Wiser SG

No comments:

Post a Comment