Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Success!

What a weekend!  And I didn't take a single photo. Not one. I am so sorry!!

Here is a quick wrap up:

Friday after work I headed to the theater where we had our tech rehearsal from 5 until 10pm. 

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early- it was finally time for the show!  We've been rehearsing since October!  Call time was 9:30, and we did three run-throughs (the third was the actual show). It was exhausting but so much fun. 

I am not trying to be mushy but I am so glad I got this experience.  I am grateful that I even MADE the show in the first place (having auditioned with a bunch of kids who are freaking amazing), and that I ended up being in two pieces- one of which I was originally slated as an alternate for.  I worked really hard on that piece- it was a new style for me (contemporary) and I had ALOT to learn.  My director and company-mates were so helpful. We met every Tuesday night in addition to Sunday rehearsals to work on the piece.  I learned how to do things I never thought I could do. I couldn't walk for weeks, I got tons of bruises, my pinky toes separated from my feet.... but I did it. And I made alot of great new friends!

Now that the mushiness is semi- over, I also want to shout-out to my cheering section!  My Mom and Dad were double booked for the weekend so I told them not to worry- I ordered a DVD for them to watch!  But I did end up having a pretty fabulous cheering section- Special thanks to Gage, Charlie, Kristy, Jeremy, Jackie, John, and Joey!! And also Heather and Lindsey, who were there for others as well but it was great to see them!  I'm lucky to have such supportive friends!

After the show we all went out to a bar close to the theater and had a few celebratory drinks.  But the weekend was far from over!

Sunday morning I got up bright and early (again) and headed to judge a dance team competition for a former teammate, coach, and America's Got Talent contestant.  Yep- anybody remember West Springfield Dance Team??  It was another long day, but a great competition.  These kids are so talented!!

After such a long weekend, it was nice to go home and watch a bit of football with Joey, Doc and Chloe. 

More to come later on the backyard foxes (yup.) and this week's cooking escapades.

Make it a good one!!!

~SG

Bonus pic of the devil dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment