Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Something else for me to worry about...

It's never a good thing to get a text alerting you to the presence of a Fox in your backyard. It's doubly unnerving when your husband is happy about that fact. 

Got this picture on my phone while I was at dress rehearsal Saturday morning:



The next text I got said: "We have 2!!!! Rewind foxes" 

me: What?

Joey: "Sorry, I'm excited we have 2 foxes!! I just shot at one it was walking down the retaining wall I shot it over in the pines walked over towards the fence and there was another one standing by the ac unit"

WAIT. WHAT?!

a) There are TWO foxes

b) YOU SHOT AT IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When I got home that evening the bb gun was sitting by the back door.

Seriously I cannot make this stuff up. We live in a NEIGHBORHOOD. And he's shooting pellets at foxes. Great.

Not to mention the whole I-have-2-small-dogs thing. Now that I was just starting to feel comfortable about them not escaping through the chicken wire, I have to worry about foxes attacking/killing/eating them.  Because we aren't 100% fenced in- because the retaining wall is high enough that the pins can't jump over it.   But a hungry fox might jump off of it, maybe?  UGH.

Oh, and I'll leave you with the e-mail I got after sending Joey some information I found from the County about what to do if you encounter a wild animal on your property:

"I like the clap your hands or stomp your feet to make them run off, OR if that doesn’t work, shoot them in the butt with a pellet gun.  They left that part out.  These foxes definitely don’t have mange.  The big one is actually a very pretty fox, huge bushy tail.  He would look good mounted."

Sigh....

~SG

2 comments:

  1. We have a fox in our neighborhood too! I am terrified it will eat my little shit-zu/poodle/Maltese mix. So scary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our fox likes to come up to the deck occasionally to check out the buffe...I mean...squirrel and bird feeder. Mostly they are afraid of you, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete