Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Looking forward to Christmas!

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and I have no news to report. I don’t even have pictures.  We had a great Thanksgiving here in VA with Joey’s side of the family.  The mashed potatoes were simply ah-maze-ing.  They were garlic and sour cream and OMG… I was still craving them 2 days later after all the leftovers were gone…
We had an early meal so Joey’s grandparents could attend in the daylight hours, and then we headed home and busted out the Christmas decorations.  I’m still reluctant to put anything on my freshly painted walls, but I finally gave in and started hanging pictures because we can’t really decorate for Christmas when there is nothing to decorate…
I took advantage of Black Friday weekend to buy things for the house, and we have spent the last week or so really ramping up for the holidays. Becaauuusseeee… my family is coming for Christmas!  I am so excited to host Christmas this year!  Even though it means I have to cook (EEK) and deal with Joey’s dreams of Turducken
This past weekend we worked on finishing the guest bathroom. It’s now 95% ready for use- it’s missing a towel rack and desperately needs a new shower head.  We’ve put up blinds on the windows (finally) and started putting rugs on the wood floors.  Things are sllooowwwlllyyy coming together.  By Christmas, we will have another guest room furnished as well. 
Now that tomorrow is December, I can get excited about Christmas and the fun ways we are going to celebrate during this month:
~Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis (5k)
~Volunteering at Kmart Shopping Spree (event for needy families that my MIL does every year)
~Seeing The Nutcracker (for the first time since I danced it 12 years ago)
~Gish Family Christmas Party (always a shenanigan)
~Davis Family Christmas weekend visit!!
~Hopefully a holiday party I can wear my dress to… (bought a dress… need a party)
~Ringing in Hope 10k on New Year’s Eve
I also realize I owe an explanation of the sudden interest in running. I’m planning a post for that, although I’m almost afraid to write about it because I’m afraid I will jinx it since I’ve been doing a good job with training…
Hooray for December!
Hooray for 3 paychecks this month!
Hooray for Skinny Peppermint Mochas!
~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment