Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night...

No, really. It was.  It was last night. I was driving home from dance class late last night in a thick, eerie fog.  As I pulled into the driveway, I believe that I entered...

(doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo)

I walked in the house and everything seemed normal, until Joey told me that Doc had been acting really strange.  He was running around licking everything.  To include the walls, floor, tile, etc. And he kept wanting to go outside and eat grass and leaves.  I figured his stomach was just upset, but he was acting totally normal now.  Eating his kibble, drinking water, chewing on his bone, etc.

Of course this put me into panic mode and I started googling all the things that could be wrong with him. But he was happy as a clam (?), and acting completely normal.  So we all went upstairs to go to sleep.

In the middle of the night, I awoke to a torrential downpour outside. We have a huge window in our  bedroom that sits on the side of the house, so the rain was hitting it directly. It was a little spooky.  I laid there for a while listening to it, then listening to make sure Doc was breathing (he was), and finally fell back to sleep.

This morning I awoke to the sound of voices.

I woke up around 6 to get ready for a quick run before work (more on this later). Doc and Joey were still snoozing and didn't seem to hear them. But I did. I told myself I was being silly and got up to get dressed.  Once in the bathroom, I heard them more clearly.  They were coming from *gulp* downstairs.

I cracked open the door and listened. 

Something about........ golf???

I realized the TV was on... which would be a relief except I know for a fact it was off when we went upstairs last night. I know this because Doc and I were outside for one last potty break, and we were surprised to come back in to find the TV off and Joey upstairs reading. 

I crept down the stairs, peeked around the corner, and saw that the TV was OFF.... but talking.

The reciever had turned itself on, as well as all of its' lights.  I went over and switched it all off, and proceeded to cautiously turn on all the lights in the kitchen and living room. 

I checked over my shoulder a few times but the TV and reciever remained off for the rest of the morning.  And Doc is totally fine.  The weather is beautiful with no fog in sight.

So you tell me.  Do you think we briefly entered the Twilight Zone last night?? Was there a power surge that cause the reciever to turn on in the rain storm?  Do we have a ghost that finally decided to make itself known? Is our house trying to tell us something?Is our dog just really bored?

What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment