Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is not a political post!

I think it's always important to comment on current events. Remember middle school? Remember cutting out a newspaper article that you totally didn't understand but that your Mom said was a current event?

Anyway, the point of this post is not to rant about the federal government shut down, but it is more to inform my readers (aka my parents and other people who care) that I will be OK and not to worry about me.

As a contractor, I'm in an interesting situation. But my company is dedicated and has the resources to help us through a [short] shut down.  The Navy Yard will be open, as all military are required to work, so I'll be able to go to work and be paid, just not from my contract. 

My thoughts are with those in military families, civilian government workers and especially those who live paycheck to paycheck- all of whom are going to be affected very negatively by all of this. I really hope things work out quickly and smoothly so everyone can go back to normal as soon as possible!

And that's all I have to say about that.

-SG

PS: I realize there has been a lack of posting and severe lack of pictures. I have some fun weekend plans and hopefully I'll have some fun posts to share next week!

PPS: Wanted to shout out to my favorite Washington Redskins Cheerleaders- Congrats to Lindsey M on her 2nd year and to Kristie on her Rookie season!

No comments:

Post a Comment