Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New York, New York!

Have I been a crappy blogger lately? Yes. Do I have an excuse? I think so.  2 weekends of traveling plus dance team practice and a full time job don't really leave time for creative writing.

First thing's first.  I'll give you a short trip report about our adventure to NYC by explaining each of the photos I gave in my previous post.

Summary: Me, Joey, Warner, and A Love went to NYC to visit our friend, Jupin.

1. No, we did not run out of gas.  But we would have if I hadn't brought the gas light to the attention of our driver, who was completely oblivious.  Our road trip also included a stop in rural Maryland for a bathroom break, er- because our dog, "Ralph", ran away from us.... which ended up being on Federal property so that was probably not good.  We also narrowly missed being smashed into smithereens oh, 397 times.  When we arrived at the train station in Hamilton, NJ we had to run "Home Alone" style to the train.  Miraculously, we made it to NYC both unscathed and before midnight.

2. Pretty good summation of our first night.  We went to a pirate bar called Wicked Willy's.  It was completely decked out like a pirate ship and of course I was in heaven. (Umm hello Pirates4 comes out May 20th! Who's going to the midnight showing? ME.) 

Oh and we also went to 2 other bars that night, one involved a bucked of beer and the other a 30 minute bathroom wait.

3. Well there were a few events leading up to this photo.  Like our failed tour of Chelsea that ended with us drinking at the Biergarten at 2pm.  Fast forward a few hours and you have this, a sink full of bubbles.  I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

4. While we were in NYC to visit Jupin, we also had a surprise visit from a celebrity.  Good friend Samantha came over from Hoboken to hang out and pretend we were in college.  It was great to see her.

5. No, we were not playing "Harry Potter", although there were a few forbidden curses and "wingardium leviosa"s thrown around... we were at a rooftop bar, in the rain, which evidently meant they handed out red hooded capes for everyone to wear.  Makes sense, right? 

We had a great trip. It took me 2 days to recover. I guess I'm not in college anymore :(  But I did enjoy the brunch, walk through Little Italy, and Times Square.  Jupin has a nice little life going on up there! He might be onto something.... But Joey and I are convinced that we are NOT city people.  So here we sit, in the suburbs, waiting for our house.  Still waiting....




No comments:

Post a Comment