Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

15 Minutes of Fame

So today I was filling out my bio for the dance team website and it reminded me of a little incident that happened a couple years ago.

I was a Washington Capitals Red Rocker, it was the first season the team was in existence, and I've been known to put silly things on my bios in the past. [Wizards favorite quote: "There are big ships and small ships, but the best ship of all is friendship!"- This one will be making another appearance, if for no other reason than to annoy my bff Peyton.] 

I was going through all the normal questions- name, hometown, occupation, etc. and then it asked me what my favorite book was. Ummm???  It's not that I don't like to read, but that I just don't read that much.  Every time I start a book I have to re-read the first 50 pages three times because I got busy with life and didn't read for 2 weeks and then forgot what happened. It just doesn't work out for me. SO, being witty and hilarious (or at least I think so) I wrote that my favorite book was Facebook.

Fastforward a bit, the site is up for quite a while, and almost a year later I get a message from my friend Dave letting me know that there is a blog about me. So I'm all like, "Cool! Somebody's blogging about
me!".

Thankfully I was able to find it again and turn it into a jpeg so you could all enjoy it. Forever.


And to make matters worse, this wasn't the only one!

Credit to theviewfrom419.blogspot.com
Well, nobody gets my humor I guess. At least it gave the bloggers something to talk about?  I will say that TheViewfrom419's post wasn't really that mean and actually compliments the RRs.  And YES, if they ever google search themselves and find this blog, I WAS JOKING!!

**Also, this is a rant for another post but WHY do people think the H in my name is optional?? Like sometimes you use it sometimes you don't per above?? WTF!

So this time, there is no "favorite book" question, thank goodness. And I guess I didn't learn my lesson because I'm still using the friendship quote. But I say bring it on. If you are so lame that all you can do is sit at your computer and make fun of cheerleaders, then go get a life!  I recall once reading a fanpage thread comment about my occupation (financial analyst at the time) and the person saying something like "Who would trust HER with their money??" And it was all I could do to not make up a screen name and respond with,  "THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, THAT'S WHO!!!!"

...I guess everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame!

~SG

PS: In my google search for the Facebook blog, I also found this! #13 on the countdown from 25 baby!!! Haha aaaand another favorite book reference. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment