Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dancing and Jewelry and Roses Oh MY!

What a weekend! As promised, here is a recap of the past few days! 

On Saturday I auditioned for a dance team. I miss performing so much.  I found out about the auditions a few weeks ago from a good friend who happens to be the director. But that doesn't mean I had an easy-in. I haven't danced in 3 years. Though my technique and skills are remarkably intact, my body is NOT in shape. Not even a little bit. I had 3 weeks to look "acceptable" in booty shorts. O.M.G.

So that commenced healthy meals, extensive workouts and a lot of stress and online shopping. I only managed to lose 5.5 pounds before audition day. Nervous doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. But I went in there and I killed it. And I made the team.

I still have to continue with my fitness and healthy eating, but now I have more encouragement. Spandex. WHY are all dance uniforms made of SPANDEX!?! What team? Well, thankfully it is not basketball because I don't think I can watch anymore basketball ever. And no, it's not the NFL either.  This time, it's Major League Lacrosse! Oh yes, lacrosse teams have cheerleaders. So does World Team Tennis, hockey, soccer, etc. But I'm not in this to watch the game, or to get paid. I'm in it to perform and to entertain the crowd. Cause that's what I love to do!


Cell phone pic of (most of) the new team! When I get a better one I will share it....

After the auditions, I treated myself to a (skinny) caramel macchiato and headed to my good friend, Kendayl's house for a Stella and Dot party. This jewelry is SO fun! I got a couple pairs of earrings and
called it a day.



Sunday I got brunch with Amanda (yes, Amanda from the Disney World trip) and she gave me the COMPLETED DVD MOVIE of our Disney Vacation. It is so amazing, but it is 30 minutes long. I'm in the process of convincing her to break it up into chunks and post it to You Tube so I can share it here. 

Then I headed off to a fundraiser for the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Washington DC (donate here!). I enjoyed cookies, cake pops (and took some home too!) and had the opportunity to shop with Pampered Chef, Willow House, Stella and Dot (again!) and CAbi (clothing line) for a 10% donation of all profits to the cause. I left with a few pieces for our soon-to-be new home. Very successful afternoon.




I returned home to these:




Sunday was also our 6 month wedding anniversary. Half a year in the books! Since we are dorks, we celebrated with a nice dinner out (hello, filet!) and came home and watched our Disney Vacation movie 3 times.

Yesterday it was back to work and to my first dance team practice. It was a GREAT practice, but I didn't get home until late and I was so tired today! I need to get back into the groove, and fast!

I hope everyone goes out and makes it a GREAT week!

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment