Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wedding Do-Over

So my Mom told me a while back that after the wedding she wanted to throw a little party for some of our neighbors, her collegues, and various other friends because weddings are expensive these days and we really couldn't afford to invite everyone.  I already had expressed my worry about this exact issue in a post on my wedding blog, so I guess my Mom and I have the same problem where we have too many friends.  Not really a problem though... Anyway, shortly after we got back from the honeymoon we got an adorable invitation in the mail (hand made by Mom of course) for a little champagne toast soiree for 20 November.  "No gifts please, we just want to share our joy!"  So Joey grudgingly took off work ("I thought the wedding was over?") and I made plans to drop off the monster with his granddogparents for the weekend. 

We headed up to PA on Friday afternoon, and got there just in time for dinner, wine and a totally random Harry Potter marathon with my sister where nothing was watched in order and we didn't even get to #6 and therefore didn't make it out to #7 the next day... the wine may or may not have had something to do with that.  Saturday we helped clean up the house and get ready for the "little" party.  Well, I guess I should have known something was up when my Mom texted me urgently last week asking for the number to the bakery that did our wedding cake... Or maybe when she mentioned that Peicha (our amazing florist) was going to be "stopping by" on Saturday to drop off some flowers. 

When I got the invitation to this little soiree, I did not realize that my Mom was going to completely re-create our wedding!! It was actually very impressive.  We even used the pomanders that hung off shephard's crooks to line the front walkway, like they had lined the aisle at the wedding ceremony.  We handed out the favors, matchbooks, goody bags, etc.  My Dad put together a slideshow of all the wedding pictures we have so far that played on the TV in the family room.  My Dad also gave a lovely toast and Joey and I cut our (re-created) wedding cake.  This time we did not smash it in each other's faces.  OH and for the record, we didn't MEAN to smash it in each other's faces at the wedding. It wasn't originally planned that way... the pieces of cake were too big soooo that's that.   Anyhoo. On to the best part of the night!

The PEOPLE.  We got to celebrate with so many lovely friends.  Christy and Josh, who you might remember from my wedding blog, got married a week before us and were on their honeymoon during our wedding weekend.  They were so excited to come over and share pictures and compare notes!  Then there were two of my best girl friends from high school, Lindsey and Emily, who I remembered I had my first beer with, and we sat and chatted and caught up with each others lives.  My Mom's friend, Renee, came over with her husband, and it was great to meet him since usually us girls sit around scrap tables and talk about our S.O.'s but never actually meet them!  Some of our neighbors from back in the day were there, as well as some close family friends who were at the wedding but are so awesome that they decided they wanted to celebrate again too! Or maybe it was the free food...

The party was wonderful, and as usual, my Mom did a great job coordinating the whole thing (where do you think I get it from?!).  The worst part of the weekend was this morning, at 4:45am when our alarm clock went off.  Joey had to go in to work today, and so we were off to VA at 5am.  It was a straight shot (no traffic!) but it was horrible.  I drove about 2/3 of the way and let me tell you, it sucked.  But it was well worth it to get to see my entire family (rare to get us all in one place!) and to introduce Joey to some blasts from the past!

I wish I could say that I had pictures to share, but none have been posted as of yet.  I do promise to update with photos as soon as I can get my hands on some.  Until then, I hope you enjoyed this insanely long post about my weekend!

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving week everyone! Wahoooo short work week :)

~SG

No comments:

Post a Comment