Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ring Lady

Does a wedding ring really make me look older?  Ever since we’ve been married, trips to the liquor store, bars, or restaurants where I’ve ordered a drink of the adult variety have not resulted in my being asked to present my ID.  My feelings are hurt. 

I always get asked for an ID!  I was even told by our hotel’s wedding coordinator that if I wasn’t the bride, I’d be ID’d all night long because I “look so young”.  So how can this be?  Is it like the episode in “Scrubs” where JD can no longer see a woman once she is married?  Am I automatically “old” because I’m wearing two rings on my left ring finger? 



The argument could be that when a woman gets married she is usually over 21.  But the key word there is usually.  If anyone has been watching “16 and Pregnant” lately you would know that many marriages in the US take place long before a girl is 21, although maybe not in my neck of the woods… 


Well, whatever the reason may be, the fact still stands that I have not been asked for my ID since I’ve been a married woman.  So please, if you are a bartender, waiter, or work at a liquor store, ask me for my ID so I can show you that I am 26!!!!!

SG


No comments:

Post a Comment