Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thread Killer

OMG it’s my first non-wedding blog!! Get over it. There will be more.  So I’m a dork and I belong to some Disney message boards where me and other Disney-crazed people count down to our vacations and talk about what color crocs we are going to buy and what rides we are going to ride and in what order and at what exact time (9:36am) we are going to be in line for Pirates of the Caribbean… anyway, I don’t know if any of you have ever been involved with something like this, but it’s seriously just like high school.  There is an “in crowd” and losers, like me, who DON’T spend all day every day on this website.  So when I DO decide to chime in on a certain subject, or –gasp- post my own thread, it’s always the same reaction.  The thread dies EVERY SINGLE TIME.  It’s so annoying… just because I’m not “one of them” I guess means that they feel they don’t have to respond to my questions or comments.  Whatever, I don’t want this to turn into a rant (too late) so now we will focus on more exciting things.

Like our upcoming Disney trip!! Joey is in severe Disney denial.  It’s been OVER A YEAR since he’s been, and he is very upset about this.  It also doesn’t help that I went in March, without him, on his birthday… So we booked a trip (with the help of my Grandmother) for this January!  I’m also excited, since we are still technically newlyweds for an entire year, that we get to boast this fact and wear our bride and groom mouse ears all over the world and not get stared at like we did at the wedding reception…

I also made a really bomb diggety scrapbook for our trip.  Joey and my favorite Disney pastime is called “Around the World”.   At EPCOT, we traverse the World Showcase having an adult beverage in each “country”.  I believe there are something like 13 countries.  And with the smorgasbord of drinks ranging from beer to plumwine to ???, it often turns into a debacle.  And it always ends with us watching the fireworks, or in Joey’s case the time he went alone, him meeting an Irish family and struggling to stop talking in an irish accent to them…  So here are a few pictures of my masterpiece.  There is a page for each country with a place to write what each of us drinks there. 






We’re so looking forward to our trip, but first we must endure the holidays!! This would work out better if Joey wasn’t in retail.  But alas we will make it through.  He even convinced me to start putting up the Christmas decorations already.  I guess I will be in the spirit whether I like it or not!

Stay tuned for more exciting Gish adventures, like this weekend’s Post-Wedding champagne toast thrown by my parents for our neighbors and other friends!!
Love,
SG

1 comment: